[nabs-l] it all had to start somewhere

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 09:18:52 UTC 2009

i think that what's so  good to hear, and important to hear is that
you have individuals who found the federation through those members
who are positive role models.  This is one thing to always keep in
mind. can we do more than talk about the  philosiphy? can we  live  it
in what we do? can we identify those things that turn people away from
 the organization, and make ourselves aware of it, while at the same
time highlighting the great things that we do? The great role models
we've seen, the amazing people we've met? Amazing, not for their
blindness, but for their personality, their spirit. The spirit that
is not easily found in any human being.  Megan found it, as did
Serina,  when it's easy to miss it if one does not have a guide or a
reason to look.  We could be doing plenty of other things with the
time we  normally put into our divisions, states, conventions and so
on, but we don't.  Why is that? who do we hope to tuch in our lives,
in what we do here? .  What's  so great about the student division,
about  the federation is that each of us has the ability to tap into
that which brought us  to the federation and use that as a driving
force in a way to get people involved.

 Darian