[nabs-l] Understanding Symbolic Logic textbook

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 26 17:16:32 UTC 2009

Joseph,

I agree that the university has an obligation to provide accomodations and
certainly to recommend not taking the class is no accomodation.

I was at Marymount and I also was told not to take a class.  It was a
communication class named broadcast delivery and students had to prepare
scripts and deliver on video for it.  They said that I wouldn't see and thus
be able to practice the nonverbal communication such as gestures.  It didn't
help the instructor was absent and the substitutes I had could not
accomodate me; the instructor was away on medical leave a few weeks.  The
students practiced broadcast delivery such as public service announcements
by reading the text and handouts.  I read braille but this was not in
braille or large print.  So I couldn't do it.
My point being the university did not accomodate me and they pressured me to
drop the class and I did.

I did not know you could file complaints.  I thought that was for grades
K-12.
If I go back to school for another degree or grad school I'll keep this in
mind.

How do you file complaints
with the office of civil rights in the department of education?
What happens after you do it?  I suppose you have to prove harm to justify
your complaint.  How do they resolve complaints?

Thanks.

Ashley