[nabs-l] introduction, and a few questions

Sarah Jevnikar sarah.jevnikar at utoronto.ca
Wed Dec 9 04:29:38 UTC 2009

Hi Kerri,
Welcome to the list! These are not dumb questions at all.
You might consider buying an audio recorder for your lectures. You'll need
to ask permission from the profs to record their lectures for your own
personal use, but if you have that stipulation put into your list of
official accommodations (assuming you have been working with your school's
department for students with disabilities) then they are less likely to say
no.
I hope all goes well and feel free to ask any more questions you might have.

Just a note to JAWS users: make sure you're spelling people's names right.
Kerri's name is spelled k e r r i and even though you might give good advice
your negligence in checking how someone spells their name is inconsiderate
and mildly insulting. I'm a JAWS user too and I know how easy it is not to
think twice about homonyms but it is extremely important nonetheless.

Have a good one,
Sarah