[nabs-l] netbook replacing notetakers

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 20:08:04 UTC 2009

The Aspire One is a cute machine.  I couldn't use its keyboard
however.  Unfortunately when you start looking for ultralight systems
with real keyboards, you start looking at some pretty expensive
laptops instead of cheap netbooks, despite the fact that the laptops
in question are pretty similar to a netbook in terms of speed and
features.  Sony, Lenovo, and IBM all make laptops around three pounds
with massively scaled-back performance that rightly should be called
netbooks, but cost more than some notetakers.

They're sure nice machines if you have a "real" computer at home.

Joseph