[nabs-l] Research Paper Help

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 06:19:03 UTC 2009

Making it a legal requirement opens the door on too many scenarios.  If the
DSS office begins showing students to their classes there is really no
reason why the student should not be shown to the dining halls, the
recreation centers, the parks, theaters, party sites and any other  venue on
campus not necessarily included as part of the student's class schedule.
This may seem extreme, but this is also America, where loopholes are
routinely abused.  Would it be wrong for the school to provide someone to
do this extracurricular orientation?  Of course not, but I'd rather that be
carried out according to the school's discretion and availability rather
than as a matter of mandated obligation.  A student should see the school's
assistance as a useful resource rather than as a crutch.

Joe Orozco

"A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the
crowd."--Max Lucado