[nabs-l] Oregon schoo protest "cancellation" notice from the agency

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Fri May 22 10:59:51 UTC 2009

I don't think it was "fraudulent".  I think the Commission was
directly involved with the organization and planning of the rally,
and somehow they got the idea that they couldn't be involved
(possibly that a couple of us on oregon-l said as much) and they
decided to cancel the whole thing in a panic before lawmakers started
asking the same questions.

That said, we rallied anyway.  It was a smaller group, and honestly
the legislators weren't listening no matter how large the group was.

At this point I'm of the opinion that we should continue to do all
that we can, and make sure to save quotes from the guilty for use
when they run for re-election.

Rep. Sara Gelser and Sen. Margret Carter are not on my happy list.

Joseph