[nabs-l] FW: ALERT! Sign-On to Letter to Congressional Leadership Concerning Health Reform and Vision Loss]

Jedi loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Sat May 30 06:51:16 UTC 2009

Jim,

What I mean to say is that the experience of blindness is more a social
issue than a medical one. Yes, blindness is caused by medical
conditions, but medical conditions resulting in lack of eyesight don't
create literacy problems for the blind, severe unemployment rates,
discrimination, etc. Social issues do, and these are the greater issues
we face as a community. The country would do well to recognize that.
Currently, they're not, at least not to the extent that they should.

Respectfully Submitted