[nabs-l] Blind ambition: U.S. Army's only blindSpecialForcesofficer set to inspire at Huntington ISD'sVeterans Day event

David Dunphy djdrocks4ever at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 16:36:13 UTC 2009

I don't think this was anything like the first story. That story was
pointing out how amazing it was that a 14-year-old blind kid is for
socializing with his peers, and while that may be a unique experience for
some, we're not this amazing group of people cause we can socialize.
In the army story, you can't assume any bias on the writer's part or that
people may or may not have felt bad for the soldier for the injuries he
faced. That story did mention the soldier's blindness, but didn't focus
exclusively on it, just on what he was doing with his life. That football
article was so focused on how incredible that kid was for socializing and
playing games with his peers, and that writer made it so obvious he didn't
think it was possible for blind people to do that it was unbelievable. The
army article was much more of a human interest story than the blind football
player article. But you know, everyone interprets these things differently,
and I wouldn't get too bothered if people thought one was better than the
other. Agree to disagree if you think someone's got it wrong, and move on.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4630 (20091123) __________

http://www.eset.com