[nabs-l] thought I would try re introducing myself to the list

jonathan matte jmatte28 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 2 23:55:51 UTC 2009

Hi there everyone.
I realized it's been a few months since I posted anything to this list and thought I might take a few minutes out to re introduce myself in the hopes that I might be able to make some new friends.
My name is Jonathan but most of my friends typically call me Jon.
I'm 27 years of age and from Massachusetts a city called Brockton located about 45 minutes south of Boston.
I am totally blind and have been since birth.
The only sort of usable vision I have is light perception.
Just recently I moved in to my first apartment and live in a high rise/ complex for elderly/ disabled individuals, and low income singles/ families.
Though I hopefully do not see myself living in this sort of situation for any longer then I absolutely have to it's definitely a huge step for me having moved out of my parents house.
I have a wide variety of interests some of which include reading, listening to all types of music, talking online and on the phone, going out to dinner, sometimes to the movies, and browsing around bookstores and music shops.
I'm currently single and do not have any kids though like many people out their I'm definitely on the look out for that special person and now that I'm living on my own I hope that some doorways start to open up for me whether I end up meeting someone in public or online as many folks these days seem to be doing.
If anyone out their would like to talk feel free to email me privately off list and I'll definitely make sure that I answer you back.
My email address is
jmatte28 at comcast.net
or you can also IM me through aim.
My screen name is tvvault82
Thanks for reading my little blurb and I hope to meet lots of new people.
For those seeing my post who may be annoyed with my writing style or the fact that I sometimes update my intro every few months sorry for any aggravation this might cause but since I don't really post I thought it might be a good idea to re post to the site and introduce myself again.

Regards Jonathan.