[nabs-l] Blind man sues Wienerschnitzel over run-in with tree

Robert Spangler spangler.robert at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 21:04:11 UTC 2010

The problem with this view is that we as blind people are labeled as
walking lawsuits.  My ability to get a job has been severely limited
by such laws as the ADA which, FORCE, companies to comply.  who would
want to hire someone who has a larger chance of potentially sueing
them?  I sure wouldn't.  I would wish to hire the person who is going
to cost my business less and will allow me to operate much more
efficiently.  that being said, I am able to walk into any business
with all of the equipment that I will need to conduct the job without
asking the company to buy it for me.  the utilization of force never
works; it will cause companies to look for ways around hiring us.