[nabs-l] how to meet more people and get involved in activities

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 23:50:17 UTC 2010

Hi Amy,
  one thing that worked for me was  finding my campuses student
activities office or student union. That's always a good place to just
kind of hange out and ask questions.  I can tend to be shy, so  one
thing I use to remind myself to talk is that people tend to be  pretty
nice  folks and will be pretty willing to chat  in an  area on campus
where you are just hanging out.
 if you can find  out by either word of mouth,  or on website or
something  like that about clubs; that's also good .
 I hope that helps some.
  Best,
 Darian

--
Darian Smith
Skype: The_Blind_Truth
Windows Live: Lightningrod2010 at live.com
The National Federation of the Blind has launched a nationwide teacher
recruitment campaign to help attract energetic and passionate
individuals into the field of blindness education, and we need your
help!   To Get Involved  go to:
www.TeachBlindStudents.org