[nabs-l] need help

Anmol Bhatia anmolpbhatia at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 18 19:30:41 UTC 2010

Joe,
I respectfully disagree with. Although you have valid points, but there is difference in university which are accessible  and those who are not accessible and friendly for students with disabilities. First not all students are lucky enough to be able to eather by scanning software and other adoptive technology or have rehab buy one for them therefore, for those students unversities which have adoptive technology in there labs or library or at the disability services makes a huge difference. In addition, universities who have experience working with students whith disabilities and can assist their faculty in helping them on techniques on how to assist students with disabilities can determine a student's success. Having said all that, your point that students should select their university based on the program and the reputation and not where they stand on accessibility for students with disabilities, but all rankings accessibility for students with
 disabilities should also be included. I commend universities who are trying to make their campus accessible  for students with disabilities.
Anmol
I seldom think about my limitations, and they never make me sad. Perhaps there is just a touch of yearning at times; but it is vague, like a breeze among flowers.
Hellen Keller