[nabs-l] DSB delaying needed equipment

Arielle Silverman nabs.president at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 21:44:32 UTC 2010

Hi Jewel,

I wonder if you can ask for a laptop with JAWS, a Braille notetaker,
and a scanner. That's the setup I use and I've been very pleased with
it-electronic books and notes can be read on the Braille Note's
Braille display, while the laptop can be used for the third-party
applications you described. I tried bringing a Braille embosser to
college my first year, and I found myself never using it since I had
Braille access on my notetaker and, as you mention, Brailling
textbooks yourself is quite labor-intensive.

Best of luck!
Arielle

nabs.president at gmail.com
Website: