[nabs-l] Sociaolizing Part2

Katie Wang bunnykatie6 at gmail.com
Wed May 12 18:42:28 UTC 2010

Hi, Gerardo,
  1. It would definitely be a good idea to learn to cut your food.
Like Ashley said, a rehab teacher or someone from your NFB chapter can
show you, but if that's not feasible you can even ask a family member
or close friend to show you how to do it. It's really not that hard--
Just takes some practice. Meanwhile, just quietly ask for help from
someone sitting next to you.
2. With regard to rides, it really depends on the situation. It's cool
if people take the initiative to offer you rides, but it is ultimately
your responsibility to figure out your own transportation needs, so
you should certainly do the asking in some situations. However, unless
it is a permanent carpool arrangement (where you are paying your share
of gas and such), I don't think it is a good idea to rely on rides to
get to your regular commitments (work, school, etc). Check out
different transportation options in your area and learn how to use
them.
Hope that helps!
   Katie