[nabs-l] Socializing skills and asking favors

Arielle Silverman nabs.president at gmail.com
Wed May 12 20:42:39 UTC 2010

Hi Gerardo,

I know you live in Mexico and I don't know how easy or difficult it
would be for you to come to the United States to attend one of our NFB
training centers, but I just want to say that lots of students from
other countries have attended our centers before. From all your posts
it sounds like you really want to gain more independence and learn how
to do more things, and I think that even a couple of months at one of
our centers could really be helpful. I am going to put the main phone
numbers for our three NFB centers at the bottom of this email if you
want to call and find out how you might be able to go there as an
international student. Again, I don't know the details but I do know
several blind people from various parts of the world who have been
able to attend our centers and have then either stayed in America or
returned to their home country with newfound skills, independence, and
confidence. If that's something you might want to do I would encourage
you to at least give one of the centers a call and speak to the person
who answers the phone or ask for the executive director, or send the
director an email, and tell them about your situation to see what you
can work out. Best of luck and please feel free to continue posting
your questions and concerns to the list.

Arielle Silverman
President, National Association of Blind Students

Colorado Center for the Blind
Director: Julie Deden
800-401-4632
jdeden at cocenter.org

Louisiana Center for the Blind
Pam Allen, Director
800-234-4166
pallen at lcb-ruston.com

BLIND, Inc.
Shawn Mayo, Director
800-597-9558
info at blindinc.org

--
Arielle Silverman
President, National Association of Blind Students
Phone:  602-502-2255
Email:
nabs.president at gmail.com
Website: