[nabs-l] Lions Club

Marc Workman mworkman.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 23:08:10 UTC 2010

Seems to me to be perfectly consistent to hold: 1) that an organization
*spends* its money in ways that tend to benefit blind people, and 2) that
the same organization *raises* that money in ways that tend to harm blind
people.  I don't see the contradiction.

Like Jewel, I think that contacting the organization, explaining your
concerns, and suggesting alternative methods of fundraising that raise money
in ways that foster camaraderie, not pity, might go a long way.

Best,

Marc