[nabs-l] Need Advice: Access to Visual Materials in Mathematics Textbook

Elizabeth lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 30 04:24:47 UTC 2010

Hi Tina,

I discovered this same problem when I tried getting e-text for a math textbook. I am sure there are probably some high tech solutions to this problem, but I found the best way for me to deal with this situation is by using a reader. Another solution would be to see if your disability office would be able to produce the graphs and charts as tactile raised line drawings. However, I found that a reader worked just fine for me. If the graphs use straight lines, you could also use things like straws, popsicle sticks, or pipe cleaners to produce a tactile representation of the graphs.

Hope this helps,
Elizabeth