[nabs-l] When a loved one goes sighted

humberto humbertoa5369 at netzero.net
Thu Apr 21 00:55:20 UTC 2011

First of all, If I was to become sighted, I would not do it. I
myself wouldn't want to become sighted because of 2 reasons:
1.  since I am blind since birth, I will feel so weird being
sighted; just like a sighted person  had been born with sight and
feeling weird when they become blind. The world would be so
different and I cannot even explain how different since I've
never ever been sighted, and don't want to be.
2.  I am blind, I am the way I am and I still want to be blind
since I am born blind. Blindness is just an ordinary thing for
me. Even my mom has gotten me to pray and get me to ask doctors
if one day I will "see" but that was when I was little, and
looking back, I am so * GUILTY * that my mom did this and told me
that I will see soon in a quite convincing way and now I think,
and since coming to the United States and attending NFB related
camps and meetings such as the NFB youth Slam, I see my own
philosophy of blindness, which is that blindness is something
ordinary and normal and nothing to be neglected or regretted
about.
Just my 20 dollars for what it's worth, and, great question.

<nabs-l at nfbnet.org