[nabs-l] books on blind history

Robert Jaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 4 15:48:42 UTC 2011

Hello Dennis:

     I suggest starting with Dr. Jernigan's banquet speech Is History
Against Us. The year is either 1973 or 1974. The text of the speech lists
some books in the endnotes. RFB&D has Wilson's History of the Blind edited
by Ken Stuckey. This is an odd sort of book, but interesting nevertheless.
Beauties and Achievements of the Blind by Artman and Hall is another early
reference. Not sure if this book is in accessible form. There is a list for
blindness history, nfb-history on nfbnet.

     The ACB has a book, I think its called People of Vision. Haven't read
it, so don't know much about it except that it is very large. Hope this
helps.

Regards,

Robert