[nabs-l] BLIO READER

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 11 18:24:31 UTC 2011

Josh,]
aYour best option is to call the company.
Not everyone knows about the blio reader.  I guess not everything is
accessible because the blind community is a small market and accessibility
is not thought of when designing products.

There are companies who do scripting for products but they cost money for
their services.
Maybe you can work out a payment plan with them. In my area SSB bart group
does scripting.
Having someone pay for it to be scripted such as a lions club would be the
best option.  Call around and see what your options are.
It bothers me when people think the only solution is turning to voc rehab.
VR is slow and counselors are less likely to give you what you need with
budget cuts.
So look into it yourself.  Call the company; write letters.

All your messages say "its unfair things are not accessible.  What is taking
so long." I wonder too; its not fair but there is not too much we can do
about it.
Things do cost money; so if money is an issue unfortunately your options are
also limited.

I hope things work out though.