[nabs-l] Flat-topped Stoves

Robert Spangler spangler.robert at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 20:47:39 UTC 2011

Put the skillet where you think it should go (with some minimal
knowledge of a stove, you should be able to approximate the location)
and turn on the burner.  Now, move your hands around the skillet --
that is, over it, around the edges, in a circular motion, but don't
touch it.  This allows you to feel where the heat is coming from and
gives you the capability to center the skillet better.  You may have
to touch it a little bit but this should be OK so long as you get it
centered within the first few seconds of turning on the burner.  These
stoves tend to heat up very quickly.

Thanks,
Robby