[nabs-l] [Nfbmd] FW: NFB of Maryland Rally against sub-minimum wages

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 23:21:05 UTC 2011

 ---- Original Message ------
From: "Melissa Ann Riccobono" <melissa at riccobono.us
Subject: [Nfbmd] FW: NFB of Maryland Rally against sub-minimum
wages
Date sent: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 16:34:38 -0400

Here is a flier for our event that gives even more information
than my last
post.  Please feel free to forward this to your friends and
families who
might be willing to come out in order to support our efforts.
This flier
gives Kristian Kunke as the contact person for
transportation--she or Mrs.
Maurer can certainly help you with this.  Also, I forgot to
mention in my
original post that we will be leaving the National Center at 9
AM.  Those
leaving from the train station, we will pick you up as needed
when your
trains arrive.

Melissa

Defending equal employment for people with disabilities

Did you know there are Americans earning as little as a dollar an
hour, just because they are disabled?  Their work isn't
substandard,
but their wages are!

Congress is trying to expand the practice of sub-minimum wage
jobs
for the disabled.  Join the National Federation of the Blind of
Maryland on the 21st anniversary of the Americans with
Disabilities Act,
July 26th, to learn how sub-minimum wages force the disabled to
live
in poverty, dependent upon meager government entitlements, while
their non-disabled overseers earn lush salaries!

Discover the fraud, abuse, and worker intimidation that have kept
these American sweatshops open for decades under our noses!

Learn how American jobs are being outsourced, not to foreign
companies who exploit their workers, but to so-called American
"non-profits" who exploit the disabled!

And find out how you can stop it!

What:	Rally to end sub-minimum wages
Where:	In front of Senator Barbara A.  Mikowsky's office
	The corner of Bond Street and Thames Street in Fells Point
(across
from Duda's Tavern)
When:	Tuesday, July 26, 2011, from  10 a.m.  to 12 p.m.

For more information, or to sign up for free transportation from
the
National Center for the Blind to the event, leaving at 9 a.m.
and returning
at noon, please contact
Kristian Kuhnke at 410-659-9314, x2219 or email kkuhnke at nfb.org.

-----