[nabs-l] on no-cook cooking

Annemarie Cooke aec732 at msn.com
Sun Jul 24 01:16:51 UTC 2011

Dear List: I read with interest all the messages about the recent Hadley seminar on no-cook cooking. Rather than considering it a challenge to my cooking abilities as a blind person who graduated culinary school in 2009, I was thinking about the fact it hit 106 degrees in New Jersey's largest city yesterday. The city is about 25 miles from where I live in NJ  where the thermometer came close to 100 degrees. Tthe thought of being able to prepare a couple of meals without using the stove or oven on days like we've had here (and you have too, quite likely) seems reasonable andintriguing. I have taken seminars with Hadley in the past and found them to be well-grounded and useful to me.

Just another perspective from the broiling-hot East Coast!

Annemarie Cooke