[nabs-l] on no-cook cooking

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 25 01:34:02 UTC 2011

Evening, Joseph,

	Don't you know Joseph the way blind folks get off on cooking, in filth?
How dare they tell us to clean our counters!
Carkeeping cookware and counter tops clean,
etc.  I suppose there are people who don’t know
that, but it’s not terribly inspiring so far.
Joseph - KF7QZC On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at
11:45:25PM -0400, bookwormahb at earthlink.net
wrote: >Annemarie, >Exactly! I was trying to say
that. Without taking a class or talking >to
anyone who has, some jumped over Hadley's
message >as if it was negative.  The announcement
clearly stated that it was >summer and aimed
toward quick simple and no cook cooking. >Such
shows on tv exist for sighted people as well.
Because we can't >see those, Hadley thought it
would be a nice thing to do a seminar >about non
cooking to its blind audience. > >Now if you
heard the seminar live or the archive, how was
it? >Ashley > >-----Original Message----- From:
Annemarie Cooke >Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2011
9:16 PM >To: nabs-l at nfbnet.org >Subject: [nabs-l]
on no-cook cooking > > >Dear List: I read with
interest all the messages about the
recent >Hadley seminar on no-cook cooking. Rather
than considering it a >challenge to my cooking
abilities as a blind person who
graduated >culinary school in 2009, I was
thinking about the fact it hit 106 >degrees in
New Jersey's largest city yesterday. The city is
about 25 >miles from where I live in NJ  where
the thermometer came close to >100 degrees. Tthe
thought of being able to prepare a couple of
meals >without using the stove or oven on days
like we've had here (and you >have too, quite
likely) seems reasonable andintriguing. I have
taken >seminars with Hadley in the past and found
them to be well-grounded >and useful to
me. > >Just another perspective from the
broiling-hot East Coast! > >Annemarie
Cooke >___________________________________________
____ >nabs-l mailing
list >nabs-l at nfbnet.org >http://www.nfbnet.org/mai
lman/listinfo/nabs-l_nfbnet.org >To unsubscribe,
change your list options or get your account info
for >nabs-l: >http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/option
s/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/bookwormahb%40earthlink.net >
change your list options or get your account info
for
nabs-l: >http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nab
s-l_nfbnet.org/carter.tjoseph%40gmail.com