[nabs-l] A Thought on E-mail Decorum

Katie Wang bunnykatie6 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 19:10:45 UTC 2011

Thanks for sending out this advice, Michelle! I have been watching the
list for a while and totally share your observations. I would like to
emphasize the point that although many debates/conversations on this
list are very intriguing, when a thread develops to an extent where
only a very small number of people are involved in the discussion,
moving the conversation off list may be worth considering as
additional messages on the same topic can cause unnecessary clutter in
everyone's inboxes.
Also, to Chris and other users who manage your emails using a Braille
Note: Although the BN email program does not support threads, it is
still possible to go through all the messages on a certain topic
before replying. When prompted to move the email to Trash or another
folder, just ignore it and press Space with e again to return to the
Inbox. After going through all the messages on one subject, you can
then reply to any of them, combining your thoughts into one single
email, and it will reach the entire list. I admit that this is not the
easiest process but it can be  done. Of course, gmail has a totally
accessible web interface that I find perfect for managing listserve
messages, so it is worth a try as well.
I know that I'm not the list moderator or a NABS board member, but I
do find this list really valuable and would appreciate everyone's
efforts to keep it that way. Thanks for reading!
   Best,
     Katie