[nabs-l] confused - regarding - NFB Google Apps complaint

humberto humbertoa5369 at netzero.net
Sat Mar 19 03:55:21 UTC 2011

Yes, you can enable gmail to remember your "Basic HTML" setting.
1.  first, press enter on your basic HTML view link or if using
JAWS, go to your links list and press B for basic HTML
2.  Once you are in basic HTML, press enter on a link called "set
Basic HTML as default view" or if using JAWS go to your link list
and hit S for "set basic HTML as default view" and this will
permanently remember your Basic html setting every time you log
in.

<nabs-l at nfbnet.org
>Date sent: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 15:44:51 -0400
>Subject: Re: [nabs-l] confused - regarding - NFB Google Apps
complaint

>Ic,
>That is not the case with educational institutions who use the
google email
>platform.
>You can switch to basic html which is what I do to read email;
otherwise no
>links open and jaws does not read buttons.
>But no gmail does NOT remember I want to keep it as basic html.
I have to
>change that every time I log into the system!
>Ashley

disseminating
>> electronic information.  I believe it would be the
responsibility of the
>> college or university to ensure that the software programs they
use are
>> accessible to all students.

>> Just my thoughts for whatever they may be worth.

>> Elizabeth

>>> Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 16:31:25 -0600
>>> From: kirt.crazydude at gmail.com
>>> To: nabs-l at nfbnet.org
>>> Subject: Re: [nabs-l] confused - regarding - NFB Google Apps
complaint

>>> The only reason for doing this that makes sense to me is the NFB
not
>>> wanting to get in to a long, drawn-out court battle with google.
>>> know the Federation has money to spare...but going up against
the
>>> likes of google and winning would take a lot of money and,
probably,
>>> litigation.  So maybe they see this as a way to bring about some
>>> limited improvements and set a precident for the future? Sounds
like
>>> a stretch, but it's all I can think of.
>>> Best,
>>> Kirt