[nabs-l] Blindness and other minorities

Joshua Lester jlester8462 at students.pccua.edu
Sun Nov 6 18:13:55 UTC 2011

I discussed that, as well.
I told them, if they'd just give me the directions, or help me to
learn a route, I could travel endependently.
I made a point of saying that I wasn't a baby, and I didn't want to be
treated as such.
I've had receptionists at the doctor's office want to grab my hand,
and take me into the room, like a child.
I kindly told them, that I could do it without assistance, once I
learned the route.
I also taught them sighted guide, (now called "Human Guide.")
Blessings, Joshua