[nabs-l] Lives Worth Living disability rights documentary airs on PBS

Carly carlymih at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 24 05:25:08 UTC 2011

Hi, Bridgit,

Here in Berkeley, we have the Ed Roberts Campus, which is designed to
be this one-stop shop for agencies serving folk with disability. I
have noticed that, though they spent tons of cash on this building
which is all sup'd up for chairs, it is really inaccessible for folk
who are blind. In the ERC's defense, It seems no easy feat to make
the same facility accessable for both blind folks as well as chairs.
This must be because our needs and abilities are so divergent.
Today, they are having problems making this building named for this
disability pioneer, a meaningful, presence in the disability
community.however, I have to point out that many, many other people have been