[nabs-l] FYI: two free online converters that don't require you to download software (SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC FOR BRAILLENOTE LIST)

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 20:04:26 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm just emailing to let you all know of two free converters that
don't require you to download software.  With these resources,
you can convert audio, video, and text documents to many
different file types.  The first is a Web site called
Online-Convert, where you can convert almost any kind of
document, including PDF, to other types, like PDF to DOC, or DOCX
to DOC.  You can also convert audio and video files, like WAV to
MP3.  You can even convert YouTube videos to another type, for
example, WMV.  Just select this link to go to the site:
www.online-converter.com.  You can do the same things with the
second converter, but I think this is even easier.  When you get
a file you want to convert, send an email with the file attached
to convert at robobraille.org.  In the subject line, just write the
file format you want to receive the file in, for example, "PDF
file to TXT file" and you will receive the converted file in a
matter of minutes.  There has been discussions on the NABS and
NFB History lists regarding converting files, so I thought I
would let you know of these converters.  Hope you find this
helpful! Feel free to forward this to anybody you'd like to!

Chris

 Chris Nusbaum

nuisance." -- Kenneth Jernigan (President of the National
Federation of the Blind, 1968-1986.)

  Visit the I C.A.N.  Foundation online at:
www.icanfoundation.info for
information on our foundation and how it helps blind and visually
impaired children in MD say "I can!"

Sent from my BrailleNote