[nabs-l] Virginia Computer Instructor Job

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sun Dec 9 18:52:40 UTC 2012

At the Virginia Rehabilitation Center for the Blind and Vision
Impaired located in Richmond, Virginia, we are recruiting for our
second computer instructor position.  We are looking for candidates
who have experience teaching various populations basic computer
functions as well as the use of IOS products.

At VRCBVI we have developed a team that has high expectations of
students and that promotes creative activities that challenge
students to do what they thought was impossible because of their blindness.

We have a quote in our lobby that everyone notices when entering the
front door:  "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.  Live
the life you've imagined."  From the time they enter our program, we
want our students and their families to be focused on achieving their
dreams, and VRCBVI is here to help them do just that.

I am requesting that you post the availability of this job on all
applicable listservs to get the information out to individuals who
may be interested in being a part of a dynamic and creative team at VRCBVI.

If folks have questions, they are welcome to call me at
804-371-3323.  They are also welcome to contact our computer
instructor, Mike Fish at 804-371-3327 to find out more information
about the day-to-day functions of the job.

Thank you for your assistance in getting the word out about this
exciting opportunity.

Here is the information and link from our H.R. department:

Good afternoon!

Listed below are positions with the Virginia Department for the Blind
and Vision Impaired, the Virginia Rehabilitation Center for the Blind
and Vision Impaired, and/or the Virginia Industries for the
Blind.  These positions may be accessed directly in the Recruitment
Management System (RMS) by clicking on the Quicklink. If you already
have your application established in the RMS, applying for the
position will be very streamlined and take only a few minutes. If you
have not yet completed your online application in the RMS, you may
visit
<http://jobs.agencies.virginia.gov>http://jobs.agencies.virginia.gov
to begin the process or simply click on the Quicklink below. While
the system will not allow you to apply until you have established
your application, you will be able to access the application through
this site.

Please be aware that we ONLY accept fully completed RMS online
applications (required) and applications only are accepted for
advertised vacancies. Job postings close at 5 p.m. on the closing
date.  You may attach cover letters and resumes and in some cases are
required to submit college or university transcripts or professional
certifications (see job posting for instructions). These may be
scanned and attached to your online applications, faxed, or mailed to
the appropriate recruiting contact.  Please review the posting for
any special requirements or instructions.

Agency:                     Virginia Rehabilitation Center for the
Blind and Vision Impaired

Job Title:                    Computer Instructor

Location:                   Henrico (suburb of Richmond)

Position #:                 00038

Closing Date:            Open Until Filled

Quicklink:
<http://jobs.agencies.virginia.gov/applicants/Central?quickFind=160652>http://jobs.agencies.virginia.gov/applicants/Central?quickFind=160652

Melody Roane, Director

Virginia Rehabilitation Center for the Blind & Vision Impaired

401 Azalea Avenue

Richmond, Virginia 23227

Phone: 804.371.3323

Email: <mailto:melody.roane at dbvi.virginia.gov>melody.roane at dbvi.virginia.gov