[nabs-l] question on Ipods

Kirt Manwaring kirt.crazydude at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 06:43:16 UTC 2012

Ashley,
  If you're saying these things about touch screens without any actual
experience, I'd highly suggest giving the touch screen a shot anyway.
I have an IPhone 4s (lots more complicated than an iPod nano), and I
don't really have to know where icons are on the screen.  Just
flicking from right to left moves you through a list of icons, much
like the arrow keys move you through a jaws menu, and when you double
tap to open the icon you don't even have to be touching it.  That
works about 95 percent of the time for me on my iPhone, and judging by
what people are saying about the nano that's all you'd ever need.  If
you've already tried the touch screen and found it lacking, feel free
to ignore everything I just said, but I really think it's silly to
knock something you've not personally used.  I thought touch screens
would be totally impractical, for the same reasons you mentioned,
before I actually decided to give it a shot and see what they were
like.  Just a thought.
  All the best and happy new year,
Kirt

On 12/31/11, Ignasi Cambra <ignasicambra at gmail.com> wrote:
> It does have a screen you need to see. It's basically a larger version
> of the nano 5th generation that Chris described, but it doesn't talk.
> Buy a nano! If you end up hating it just blame it on me :)!
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jan 1, 2012, at 1:17 AM, Ashley Bramlett <bookwormahb at earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
>> but does the classic have a screen you need to see? If it only has buttons
>> that would be usable.
>>
>> -----Original Message----- From: Ignasi Cambra
>> Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2011 7:07 PM
>> To: National Association of Blind Students mailing list
>> Subject: Re: [nabs-l] question on Ipods
>>
>> The iPod classic does not have VoiceIver. If you need an accessible
>> music player get a nano. You will love the thing, really!!
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Jan 1, 2012, at 12:54 AM, Ashley Bramlett <bookwormahb at earthlink.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Chris,
>>> It sounds like your fifth generation is not touch screen and the sixth
>>> generation is. That is why I'm hearing different stories from different
>>> people. No one mentioned the classic. Is ipod classic touch screen? How
>>> does
>>> it operate? Does it have voice over?

>>> Ashley
>>> for nabs-