[nabs-l] Winter Seminar

Amy Phelps aphelps at BISM.org
Fri Jan 13 19:08:31 UTC 2012

Is there a link to a website about winter seminar? We are wanting to coordinate a weekend event that wraps up with attending the winter seminar but I can't seem to find a link or the info. Does someone have it handy so I don't have to dig around for it. Thanks

Thanks!
Amy C. Phelps
410-737-2642

Follow us: Facebook - Bism YouthPrograms
Twitter @BISM_Youth

Help sponsor our youth program activities Donate

"...given proper training and opportunity, the average blind person can do the average job in the average place of business and do it as well as his or her sighted neighbor..." --Dr. Kenneth Jernigan, quoted in "Freedom for the Blind" by James H. Omvig

Confidentiality Note:  The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

-----Original Message-----
From: nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Alexander Castillo
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 2:05 PM
To: nabs-l
Subject: [nabs-l] Blogs and off topic responses

Hello all, the best way to find out if a blog or site is accessible is to try it first, see if there are any barriers which come up, and then see if there is work-around that may fix any accessibility issues.

Blogger, to my knowledge is accessible at least, if you want to create a basic blog. I'm sure that pictures, videos, and links can be accessible as well, but I have personally never played around with the options. I kept a blog documenting my experiences at LCB and found it very simple. You can check it out at

http://waysofthecane.blogspot.com/

Also, let's try to keep this list free of negative responses. Often times these negative responses are irrelevant, and simply do nothing but clutter up our mailboxes.

It's great that we have such an active list. Let's remember that there is a difference between discussion, and argument.

Thanks for reading,
Alex