[nabs-l] adult discussions and high school students was RE: Long-Distance Dating

tiffany miles qtiffany1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 03:18:09 UTC 2012

do u know where i can find the accessable movies that were on
blincemart.com  i have a lot i am looking for

On 9/7/12, raymond lombardi <ray214 at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>> (and
>>> often do) teach us about it because it is a fact of life; it is a part
>>> of
>>> the real world, whether you like it or not. Too often young people as
>>> young
>>> as 13 or 14 are peer-pressured to have sex or to say or do something
>>> that
>>> has a sexual implication. This is why I believe it is important that we
>>> learn about sex at an early age; the good, the bad, and the ugly of it.
>>> Then
>>> we will be able to make a truly informed decision as to what we will do
>>> in
>>> regards to sex. Conversely, if we are sheltered, as you suggest, and
>>> don't
>>> learn the first thing about sex or similar subjects, we will not be
>>> properly
>>> prepared for the real world as it is today. While it is important that
>>> parents teach their children morals, I believe it is equally important
>>> that
>>> they be honest with their children about what is really out there in the
>>> real world and the consequences of getting involved in things like sex
>>> at
>>> an
>>> early age. While I appreciate your efforts to keep the list free of
>>> inappropriate discussion and protect me and our other high school
>>> students
>>> from inappropriate content, I feel that you are doing it to the extreme,
>>> borderlining over-protectedness and sheltering. I joined this list as
>>> well
>>> as others knowing that I would be exposed to some parts of the real
>>> world
>>> which are somewhat adult in nature, but also knowing that I had the
>>> option
>>> not to comment on or follow those threads I felt uncomfortable with
>>> reading,
>>> and that there were many people on this list and others who are much
>>> older
>>> than I and therefore might talk about things I haven't been exposed to
>>> as
>>> much yet. But I don't have a problem with this, as I respect everybody's
>>> right to freedom of speech. In short, the fact of my being a high school
>>> student as well as a member of this list should not and (in my opinion)
>>> does
>>> not restrict the freedom of speech of any other member of this list to
>>> discuss what he/she wants to discuss, as long as it remains on topic for
>>> this list; that is, that it has something to do with blindness and/or
>>> being
>>> a student. If the moderator feels that the discussion is off-topic, he
>>> is
>>> the one whose job it is to tell whoever started the discussion. But just
>>> don't use my age as support for your claim that something is

>>> for sending that email.  That's the only thing about the relationship
>>> that

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/jlester8462%40pccuaedu.o

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/dotkid.nusbaum%40gmail.c