[nabs-l] JAWS 13 issues?

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Mon Sep 17 19:52:53 UTC 2012

Another approach is to go back to Internet Explorer 8.  This is fairly easy to do.  Go in to Windows Update and then go to Update
History and look for the Internet Explorer 9 update.  I know of no easy way to find it other than to arrow down through the list
until you find it.  Once you find it, press the "applications" key, sometimes called the "context" key which is usually just to
the left of the right control key.  This should bring up a menu that includes "remove" or "uninstall."  I don't remember the exact
wording.  Press ENTER on that selection and follow any prompts.  You will not need to install IE 8 again because removing the
update to IE 9 rolls back to IE 8.

There were major changes to how IE 9 displays web pages and this has caused some problems for screen readers.  Certainly using
FireFox is another good option as well.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson