[nabs-l] Greyhound Website Accessibility

Jason Meddaugh jj at bestmidi.com
Fri Sep 28 20:02:54 UTC 2012

The website is accessible with NVDA, though I believe there may be some
issues with other screen readers. The problem seems to be a box that pops up
after submitting your departure and arrival cities.

This brings back the debate of where the company's responsibility ends and
the screen readers' begins.
It does appear that the latest version of the site is following documented
design techniques, but many screen readers have not yet implemented these
features. I'm not saying the Greyhound website is perfect, but the fault may
not all be on their end, as much as I want to blame them for this.

I recommend keeping NVDA installed as a backup screen reader, as it does
seem to handle some websites better than the others. Then you can bring up
NVDA, get around the problem website, and then return to your normal screen
reader.

Best Regards,
Jason Meddaugh
A T Guys