[nabs-l] Announcing the Empowering Blind Students in Science and Engineering Workshop!

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 00:00:43 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I am excited to announce the Empowering Blind Students in Science and
Engineering workshop for blind students pursuing careers in science,
technology, engineering, and math (stem)!

This workshop is being conducted by Professor Richard Ladner from the
University of Washington Computer Science and Engineering Department
in conjunction with The Fetzer Institute, a nonprofit that sponsors
educational programs.

This workshop will combine three groups of people—blind students,
mentors, and industry professionals. Students will be mentored by
successful blind professionals in stem fields, participate in
professional development activities, and network with industry
professionals.

When: Monday and Tuesday, June 2 and 3, 2014
Where: Seattle, WA

Blind students who will be at least 18 years of age by the date of the
workshop, who are in high school or college, and who are planning to
or who are already pursuing a stem-related degree may apply. Please
visit our website for instructions on applying.
http://ebsse.cs.washington.edu/

We will select approximately 15 students to participate in this
expenses-paid opportunity.

Please feel free to email me at work with questions regarding this workshop.
bennec3 at cs.washington.edu

Please also pass this announcement on to other blind students!

--
Cindy Bennett
Secretary: National Association of Blind Students

B.A. Psychology, UNC Wilmington
clb5590 at gmail.com