[nabs-l] Extended Time

Kirt Manwaring kirt.crazydude at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 21:58:51 UTC 2013

Ashley,
  I know this might not be completely rellivant, but I'm curious where
you get the idea that everybody takes tests in the way you described,
because I sure as hell don't.  For me, if I know the answer, there's
no point in re-reading all the answers over again, eliminating two
answers that don't work, than choosing the one I already know is right
from the two remaining choices.  If I'm reasonably sure I know what
the answer is, I don't see a need for a reader to repeat anything.  Of
course, if I'm not sure and I have to guess, I'll try and eliminate
answers that I don't think are right; similarly, if I'm confused about
a question, or any answers, or I forget something, I have no qualms
about asking a reader to repeat it for me.  But, more often than not,
that doesn't happen.  I just did a hundred question multiple-choice
test with a reader a few days ago and I think I maybe had her re-read
things on maybe 15 of the questions.  I'm just curious why you'd take
extra time agonizing over a question if you're already pretty sure
what the answer is?
  Best,
Kirt