[nabs-l] email accounts being hacked

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 19:41:37 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Yes, there is a very fine line, and I do know people who almost always
forget to write something in the subject line.  I've had an experience
though where a family member had their account hacked, and although I
didn't open the email and my computer wasn't effected, it did get a
couple of other family members because they just assumed it would be
okay to open.  Sometimes just opening the email itself without even
clicking the link  does enough damage, so I just tell people to always
put something, even if it's just "Hi" or something in the subject
line, otherwise I won't open it until I am certain it's okay.

Kaiti