[nabs-l] Braille Printer and Dux Bury Program

Helga helga.schreiber at hotmail.com
Thu May 2 02:50:14 UTC 2013

Hi all, this is Helga. I just
would like to ask you guys, Do you know where can I get a Dux Bury program and a
Braille printer that is compatibel with the BrailleNote apex for a cheap
price? The Reason I'm asking is because I like to read Braille because is my
prefer way of reading especially when I'm reading stories that are hard to
understand the wording. I'm actually doing an English major where I need to
take Literature classes that involve a lot of reading. Actually, this
semester I took American Literature before 1865, and it was very challenging
for me because the only accessable format of the Book  that DSS provided me
was PDF format, and and I got a audio cd from Learning Ally. It was helpful,
but not enough to understand the stories since my first Language is not
English, even though I speak it, I'm still working on my comprehension of
words. I also talked to my DBS counceler about this and she told me that she
would not buy me the Braille printer because is very expensive. I really
Think a Braille paper copy of a reading will really help me a lot since I'm
thinking in taking American Literature after 1865 in the Fall semester.
Thank you guys for listening to me. I really appreciate it. God bless! :)