[nabs-l] FW: NVDA screen reader News: Announcing the Release of NVDA 2013.1

Humberto Avila avila.bert.humberto2 at gmail.com
Sat May 18 01:48:06 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: Nvda-announce [mailto:nvda-announce-bounces at lists.nvaccess.org] On
Behalf Of NVDA announcement list
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2013 6:38 PM
To: nvda-announce at lists.nvaccess.org
Subject: NVDA screen reader News: Announcing the Release of NVDA 2013.1

2013.1, the latest release of the free NVDA screen reading software, is
now available from NV Access for anyone to download.

Highlights of this release include a more intuitive and consistent
laptop keyboard layout; basic support for Microsoft PowerPoint; support
for long descriptions in web browsers; and support for input of computer
braille for braille displays which have a braille keyboard.

NVDA is used by 10s of thousands of blind and vision impaired people
spanning more than 120 countries, enabling them to socialize, get an
education, and participate in the workforce -- things that may not have
been possible previously for those who could not afford other expensive
screen reading solutions.

To download a copy, please visit http://www.nvaccess.org/download

*** Heard about our new Website? ***

We just launched our new, improved website at http://www.nvaccess.org.
We have revamped the site to better tell our story, in order to raise
much needed funds to keep NVDA going. nvaccess.org will be the central
online presence for NV Access  and NVDA now. It brings together content
from our previous websites in a much more streamlined way. You can
download NVDA at nvaccess.org/download from now on. And to access
development, translation and other community related content you can
follow the "community" link in the footer. This link will take you
to http://community.nvda-project.org/

On the home page of our new website, http://www.nvaccess.org, you will
be able to play a video called "Our Mission", which tells the NVDA
story. We would really appreciate it if you could share a link to this
video with your friends and family, letting them know how NVDA has
helped you, and telling them that donations will help us to keep NVDA
going. Any donation, big or small, makes a difference to us and we thank
you in advance. Of course, if you know any companies who might be in a
position to sponsor us, definitely pass the video link on and have them
get in touch with us. Thanks again everyone for your fantastic loyalty
and support, which makes what we do so rewarding. A direct link to the
video on Youtube, if you need it,
is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOQ7zELFmLE

Thanks for your support.

Please consider donating to NV Access to support NVDA's continued
development:
http://www.nvaccess.org/wiki/Donate