[nabs-l] watch out! it's another ridiculous update from Google

Cindy clb5590 at gmail.com
Fri May 24 01:29:29 UTC 2013

And it comes full circle. The add-on to Google Chrome is called chromevox. First you have to download the browser, then you have to navigate to the Google play store and install chromevox. There is a tutorial, but I have not gotten through it. I know that some people could reach some level of success with it, but I do not know the details. I became so irritated with it. I tried to figure out some solutions for my job since everyone prefers to use Google applications, however I realized that I was wasting a lot of work time trying to figure things out that my colleagues were willing to do with me on dropbox. It is quite annoying though, but I do hate saying that things are automatically inaccessible. I wish that some more people who are using Google Chromevox would speak up and give some tips. I just didn't find the interface to be that intuitive, and my life Didn't depend on it since the grad students in my lap were willing to work with me. But I do know that not using Google apps annoys the crap out of them, and if I can't even use mail, that will be even worse. I will look at my Gmail interface now see if I can find a similar message. Until then, I would love to hear more feedback about chromevox.

Cindy Bennett
Legislative Coordinator: National Federation of the Blind of Washington
Secretary: National Association of Blind Students

B.A. Psychology: UNC Wilmington
clb5590 at gmail.com
Sent from my iPhone