[nabs-l] making Spotify Completely accessible

Brandon Keith Biggs brandonkeithbiggs at gmail.com
Mon May 27 19:22:04 UTC 2013

Hello,
There is a campaign to increase accessibility to Spotify, the music
streaming app at:
http://www.applevis.com/campaign
Their main focus is apple products, but they talk about the accessibility of
PCs and the other platforms as well. Spotify allows us students to listen to
thousands of songs a month, for free if we don’t mind streaming constantly
and commercials, or if we pay $10 a month, we can download music to our
phone and listen to music nonstop. Especially as a music student, Spotify is
a dream come true. I am required to listen to lots of music for my major,
and was starting to look a little askance at my rather large monthly Amazon
bill before I found out about Spotify.
There are currently JFW scripts at:
http://www.spotifyblind.com/
that work somewhat, but Spotify keeps changing and breaking the scripts.
Apparently though, Apple computers are completely out of luck when accessing
the program. If enough people request Spotify pay attention to blind users,
we can get this phenomenal music streaming service accessible!
http://www.applevis.com/campaign
Thank you,

Brandon Keith Biggs