[nabs-l] Public Speaking

Shickeytha Chandler shickeytha at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 02:03:33 UTC 2014

Joe,

Thanks for the tips, especially the one about not just reading the
speech verbatim in most cases. I think it would be easy to fall into
the habit of doing that if I am nervous, but you are right that
reading speeches word-for-word is usually not as interesting or
engaging for the audience. I really appreciate all the great insight I
have gotten from everyone on this post. It helps me to feel a little
less panicky about my class and about overcoming fears and challenges
involved with public speaking as a blind person in general.

Shickeytha