[nabs-l] Blindness and body contact

Karl Martin Adam kmaent1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 17:04:33 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I have never experienced this sort of thing, and I observe that
most of those who have responded that they have are female, so I
wonder if this is something that sighted people do to blind women
specifically not blind people in general.  I, like all of us,
have experienced the grabby sighted person trying to help me get
around, but I've never had people touch me apart from the typical
hug hello and goodby with close friends and family and sometimes
the arm tap.  The only other times people have touched me are
when the occasional teacher or friend has tried to explain the
shape of something by drawing on my hand or the like.

Best,
Karl