[nabs-l] NFB Summer Internship Program

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 02:58:11 UTC 2015

Hi Ian,
I was an NFB intern back in 2006, so some things may have changed, but
I suspect most of the structure will be the same. During that summer I
was one of six interns. We all stayed at the National Center for the
Blind. Each of us had our own bedroom and bathroom. We shared common
kitchen facilities and were responsible for buying and preparing our
own meals. There is laundry on-site. Generally we were free on
evenings and weekends, but depending on the department you are working
for, you may be assigned occasional evening and weekend work. I was
assigned to work the first weekend of my internship because there was
a leadership seminar I was asked to help administer, but that was my
only weekend assignment. I agree that asking Anil these questions will
get you the most updated details. Good luck, I really enjoyed my
internship experience.
Best, Arielle