[nabs-l] email, highlighting, and languages

Sami Osborne ligne14 at verizon.net
Fri Jan 9 13:15:38 UTC 2015

Hey Ryan,

Please forgive me for being totally off-topic for a moment, but
what language is your email signature in? I'm asking because I
just noticed that it was in a different set of characters than
our alphabet, and you're a native English speaker as far as I
know.  So this is really strange that you would write your
signature in a completely different language.  Oh, and I'm also
asking because I'm a language freak.

Ok, off-topic over.

Ana (and others), I can answer you for the Spanish thing.  I
don't have a BrailleSense, but I do use both JAWS and VO.  To
change the JAWS language to Spanish, go to the JAWS window, press
the Altogether key to go to the menu bar, then press the down
arrow twice until you here "Voices." Press enter on that option,
then press tab 3 times until you get to "Synthesiser language."
Press enter, then the down arrow until you get to the Spanish
option.  (Note: JAWS  will say it with a Spanish accent, but you
should be able to understand).
Now to do it using Voiceover, go to Settings, General, Language
and region, Espanol (which means Spanish in Spanish).

And yes, I do agree with others that you have to learn the
accented letters in Braille.  I don't think that should be much
of a problem.  I also know how to write those accents, and I
don'! want to clutter the list seeing as the first part of my
message is probably off-topic, so if you'd like I can tell you
how to write the accents off-list.

Hope I've been a good help.

Happy Friday, and happy new year!

Sami.