[nabs-l] I'M RUNNING FOR THE NABS BOARD!

Manners, Derek dmanners at jd16.law.harvard.edu
Wed Jul 1 18:08:40 UTC 2015

Tyler, as a NABS board member I can tell you that Kate has been more than
accessible to the Board and worked with us on a number of endeavours.  She
has collected the most TEACH Act testimonials of any student on or off the
board.  She has done research on 25 of the largest companies in the United
States to identify grants and donations policies at these institutions.
She has attended every Presidents' Call, almost every membership call, and
has a good working relationship with many of us on the Board.  We don't
hand out MVP trophies but if we did, she would get my vote for MVP for NABS
and that is why I'm supporting her for the board.

As to your point about Kate being busy, I concur.  She is tremendously
busy.  That makes her dedication and tireless work for the Federation all
the more impressive.  Furthermore, she has leveraged the relationships that
her business fosters to get a letter from her University urging passage of
the TEACH Act.  This is something no other student has been able to do as
of yet (although we at Harvard are close).

Finally, she has resigned her position with ACB several months ago because
she realizes that what we do in the Federation is more affective at helping
our community live the lives we want.

Best regards
Derek Manners
Rising 3L Harvard Law School
Editor in Chief of the Harvard Human Rights Journal
Summer Legal Associate at Allen and Overy
Part time Legal Associate at the Connecticut Attorney General's Office
1st Vice President of the Massachusetts Association of Blind Students
NABS Board Member