[nabs-l] Rehab centers

Amy Hatten amykhatten at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 14 01:19:28 UTC 2015

Hello Mabeline,
I would suggest to check them all out.
I have also attended the training center in South Dakota as well, but it is very different then an NFB structured discovery training program.
It also depends on what areas you want to focus on. I, personally, think that the South Dakota training center's assistive technology classes and Braille classes could be a lot better and taught much differently. The Orientation and Mobility instructor they have had for years that taught using more of a structured discovery approach just retired, unfortunately, so I do not know how their Orientation and Mobility classes are now.
Don't get me wrong, South Dakota Rehab Center, is good, but very different and not comparable to an NFB Center.
If you'd like to contact me off list: e-mail me at amykhatten at hotmail.com. I'd be more than glad to talk to you about my experience at the South Dakota Rehab Center.
Thanks,
Amy