[nabs-l] Writing math equa

Helga Schreiber helga.schreiber26 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 06:45:17 UTC 2015

Hi, I just wanted to ask you, do you mean that you don't know Nemeth Braille or Literary Braille? Just wondering. But if it is the Nemeth Braille, I would suggest you to do if you don't know it, in order to write your math equations, you can ave a math tutor or someone who is good in the formulas to read yu the formulas and then you can type or write them in your own words so that you can read them or listen to them with JAWS. For instance, instead of having the equation in numbers, you can have them in words, like twenty x plus two B times three C equals ... This is just a suggestion  since when  i took Pre-Calculous one year ago in my college, I use Nemeth Braille, but in order to solve the problems I dictated them or wrote them in print while  I was dictating my answers. And actually my print writing was not so good! LOL! And the reason I wrote in Print is because I know how to write in print since I use to write when I was low vision before I lost my sight. In fact, I forgot to ask you, do you know how to write in Print? Just curious! By the way, guys, what do you think she should do about this matter? Just owndering since I don't know if my suggestion is the right one. Hope to hear form you soon. Thanks so much and God bless!

Helga Schreiber

Fundraiser Coordinator for Phi Theta Kappa, Alpha Delta Iota chapter.
Member of National Federation of the Blind and Florida Association of Blind Students.
Phone:  (561) 706-5950
Email: helga.schreiber26 at gmail.com
Skype: helga.schreiber26
INT Website: http://int4life.com/

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
Sent from my iPhone