[nabs-l] Blackboard accessibility issues

Sami Osborne ligne14 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 17 20:51:01 UTC 2015

Hi all,

My friend Jose is in a program that will help him prepare for
college.  He is taking an English class in this program, and his
professor is using Blackboard for the class assignments.  Only,
Jose seems to have accessibily issues with Blackboard.  I'm not
sure exactly what's wrong, but I send him this email as well so
that he can directly see your replies and possibly give more
details about exactly what's wrong.
Anyway, this situation is really bad for him because he said that
his professors won't help him with Blackboard and apparently told
him that if he didn't get the issues resolved, he would fail the
class.  He is therefore thinking about dropping out of this
program, but I don't think he really wants to because as I just
mentioned, it helps you get ready for college, particularly in
academics.

 I'm also asking you guys because Jose is totally blind, and I
think some of you have mentioned here before that you've had no
problems with Blackboard accessibility.

I hope that you guys can really help Jose in getting his sitUn
resolved, and that he might even want to subscribe to this list.

By the way, if you need more information, just reply to this
email, since as I said I also sent this to Jose as well.

Looking forward to hereearing from you, and by the wan, happy St.
Patricks day!

    Thank you very much,

Sami and Jose.